Recently on Plain Vanilla

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012!

My Dear Reader,

I just want you to know that I've written several drafts of several different posts, because I really feel like I should be blogging regularly again.

I know.

I've said it before, and who knows how long it will take before I make good on my promise. I really should have done what I did when I started this blog: write ten or so posts in advance and schedule them to be automatically posted so I could have a head start. Well, that didn't happen. Not because I didn't have anything to say, but because life has me in a half-nelson right now, and it's just been difficult.

But don't worry, Gentle Reader. It's fine. It's just kind of like God and Satan are playing tug of war with my soul, and the rope around my middle is starting to chafe. That's all. You'll hear more about that later.

Anyway, my goal is to at some point resume my schedule of posting on Tuesdays. And maybe every once and a while, fiction on Fridays.

If you're new to this blog, you should know that it's something of a room of requirement for me. It's where I put stuff when I have nowhere else to put it. That includes everything from short stories that aren't really publishable to a drawn-out explanation of why I like doughnuts.*

But mostly it's a way to sit down, organize my thoughts, and let those thoughts loose on an unsuspecting world. It's my way of taking out a megaphone and saying what I need to say. And you may find that I have more to say than most. But I find when I don't say it here, it just gets tucked away under a rug somewhere, and that's no way to live.

So, here I am. Cecily Jane, the blogger, back again.

Gentle Reader, I have missed you so!

Regards, best wishes, and resolutions,

-Cecily Jane

*Oh, that post is in there. It's not too hard to find. I dare you.

No comments: