Recently on Plain Vanilla

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NaNoWriMo Attempt Number 2

My Dear Reader,

Remember last November when I tried to write a 50,000 word novel for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and failed? Well, tomorrow I'm going to try it again.

I was really disappointed with myself when I didn't get all the way to my goal, but it turned out that I wasn't the only one who didn't finish. A friend of mine from church was in the same position, and she asked me if I'd finish with her. Our plan is to make it to 50,000 words from where we left off, using each other for support and accountability. (Trust me on this one: accountability is key.) I managed to make it to 12,272 words last time, so I've got 37,728 words to go in thirty days. It should be a piece of cake, providing I figure out what the heck is going on in this book I'm writing. It will also be nice to actually have something to do.

So stay tuned as Cecily becomes even more awesome, one word at a time.

Regards, best wishes, and a super short post,

-Cecily Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Accountablity? What? Is your friend gonna wallop you if you get behind?

Cecily Jane said...

Allie,

No, but everytime we see each other, we have to fess up to how many words we've been writing. That's what I meant.